Simple roast pumpkin recipe
half a Jap pumpkin
2 tbs Olive oil
2 tsp Cinnamon + cinnamon stick for extra spice
2 pinches of Sea salt
line a baking tray
pop in the chopped pumpkin into 2 – 4 cm chunks
drizzle with oil
sprinkle with salt and give the pumpkin a goo d massage to rub in the flavours
pop into a pre-heated over at 180 degrees and roast for 20 to 30 min until soft inside and golden on the edges
Enjoy as a side or a meal
For breakfast you can top with coconut yogurt and nuts and seeds, for lunch can add some tuna, fresh spinach and for dinner use as a side or on it’s own for a light meal. You can even add into a brownie mixture…another great recipe idea! to get the taste buds going.
Fluffy Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 tablespoonground flaxseed
- 1 cupunsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoonwhite or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cupbuckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1/8 teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1medium banana, mashed (about1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoonavocado oil
- In a small bowl, add flaxseed and 2 1/2 tablespoons water to make a flax egg; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add non-dairy milk and vinegar; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; stir.
- To the bowl with the milk and vinegar mixture, add flax egg, mashed banana and oil. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- On a greased griddle or skillet, add 1/4-cup dollops of the batter. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Repeat until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve with maple syrup, sliced banana, berries and nuts!